The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, June 22, 2018

Blue





I am feeling really blue today.  It is so hard to shake this feeling at times.  I will continue to try to persevere though. 

I ran this morning.  It was very cool.... 52 degrees (11 C), but once I started, I warmed up well. 

The hardest part about the blue feelings is that I tend to try to avoid work I need to do because it bothers me.  And, yet it is a self feeding cycle.  If I had my druthers, I would go to sleep for the day.  In the deep recesses of my mind, I know that also is foolish.  So, I have to keep on keeping to do the better things and eventuallly it will be better.

*  *  *  *  * 

1.  I am thankful for my kids.  I miss the intensive and deeper interactions we shared when they were younger.  But, that is how it is when they become young adults.  They get very busy with their own things. 

2.  I am thankful for breakfast.  I really do look forward to it more than any other meal of the day, most days. 

3.  I am thankful for books to read.  They help transport me to places outside of my head. 

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger Simone said...

The blue fish reminds me of the aquatic store I visited today. I fell in love with a spiky box fish with the expression of E.T! I am sorry you feel blue today. I am glad you have books to read.

Friday, 22 June, 2018  
Blogger Street Writer. said...

Sir:
I have followed your blog for years.

You and I are seemingly about the same age, have lost the same amount of weight, and run. I run 5 miles three to five times each week.

As a suggestion to help your blue feelings, I would suggest running in 5K races. This is my fourth year of running them and enjoy them immensely. My first race is usually in April; my last race of the season in December.

The excitement prior to each race is wonderful. -- I am now getting past the feeling of panic -- I had felt the first year.

But to run and have people cheering for you along the way is a marvelous feeling. Crossing the finish line to cheering people no matter where I finish, can't be described. By me at least.

I have more thoughts on this and would be happy to share them if this is something that you are at all interested.

My best wishes to you.

Friday, 22 June, 2018  
Blogger Jane said...

That fish needs to see a dentist!


Books are great!

Don't end up like Anthony Bourdain! That's my fear some of the time when I read your blog. I mean hopefully if you feel suicidal ever, you would tell someone!

Saturday, 23 June, 2018  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

have you seen a dr about your depression? there is help out there for it..love ya..

Saturday, 23 June, 2018  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

You're in a rut. Do something dramatically different: quit your job, get an RV and drive to Alaska.
I am older than you. Hell I'm older than some rocks. If life isn't rewarding you need to make a change.
Life is too short to waste it with the blues.

Hope you feel better
the Ol'Buzzard

Sunday, 24 June, 2018  
Blogger Forsythia said...

When I saw the title of your post today, I thought, "Oh no, not again." It seems that the blues visit you all too often. JackieSue's suggestion sounds like a good place to start. You can see from your comments that a lot of people read your blog and want to know how you are doing.

Sunday, 24 June, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home