The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Anniversary


 

I am writing a more brief and early post today.  It is my wife and my Wedding Anniversary.  We are going to go on a smallish road trip to celebrate and will attend daily Mass at monastery that is about 3 hours from our home.  The monastery is a beautiful, tranquil, and peaceful sanctuary in the heart of a big city.  We have gone there several times over the years.  The time together will be wonderful. 

Then we shall spend the day together in the city, simply having fun and enjoying each other's company.  We may be fortunate enough to eat lunch at an Ethiopian restaurant as well.   

* * * * *

Got out of bed and hit the pavement at 4:10am.  I ran 12 miles (~19 km).  I just wanted to get it done and out of the way for the rest of the day.  

* * * * * 

PCS = 5 - probably with all the fussing and planning and "secret" planning I have been working on last night and and have also been organizing and thinking about (what I need to do before we head out) during my run, my score is a bit lower. 

* * * * *

Even though it was all those many, many years ago, I can still recall my nervousness on my wedding day.  Yet, there were no worries about our commitment to each other. Our love remains one of the truest things I have experienced.  The Mass at our wedding was beautiful.  Even though a lot of weddings are rather brief, ours was of the traditional Catholic style, and as it was also a full Mass, was about 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. 

One of my favorite popular songs expresses the ideas I about the love my wife and I share...

From the Spiral Starecase:

I don't remember what day it was
I didn't notice what time it was
All I know is that I fell in love with you
And if all my dreams come true
I'll be spending time with you

Every day's a new day in love with you
With each day comes a new way of loving you
Every time I kiss your lip my mind starts to wander
If all my dreams come true
I'll be spending time with you
 
Oh, I love you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow
I love you more today than yesterday
But, darling, not as much as tomorrow
 
Tomorrow's date means springtime's just a day away
Cupid, we don't need ya now, be on your way
I thank the Lord for love like ours that grows ever stronger
And I always will be true
I know you feel the same way too
 
Oh, I love you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow
I love you more today than yesterday
But only half as much as tomorrow

  

 

6 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

happy anniversary...enjoy your day..

Wednesday, 10 August, 2022  
Blogger Pat M. said...

Congratulations, Professor! Have a wonderful day!

Wednesday, 10 August, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Have a good time. You deserve it for you have aMASSed quite a few years.

Wednesday, 10 August, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Anniversary! Your plans sound wonderful and the song is perfect!

Wednesday, 10 August, 2022  
Blogger GaP said...

Happy Anniversary, Professor!

Thursday, 11 August, 2022  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

What a beautiful song and sentiment. Hope you had a lovely anniversary being together.

Friday, 12 August, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home