The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

.
Anger Rears its Ugly Rear



I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night... well more than a little bit of trouble. The reason for my trouble is that I had a meeting today with a person whom I am quite angry at. I am angry at her (and other fellow as well) for EXCEPTIONALLY rude, impolite, and rather verbally abusive behavior that they directed towards me about a month ago. Since this was to be the first meeting in which I have had to interact with this person SINCE that incident, I was getting aggravated all last evening about meeting with her. I ran a variety of scenarios through my head on how I was going to "tell her off" and tell her in no uncertain terms that I would not stand for the rude behavior any longer. I ended up writing down the specific points that I wanted to say (I did this, mostly because I did not want to end up getting uptight in the meeting and start yelling and hollering myself.... I wanted to be as prepared as I could be to be simple, direct, and to-the-point, and to do so with a calm, business-like demeanor.).

Well, the shortened version of this story is that this woman (whom I am still angry at), was not acting particularly rude today, and was not bringing up the prior issues. I did not want to be the one to open up the argument again, and so I let it drop for the moment. I will eventually sit down and talk with her about her behavior, but it was actually nice not needing to do it today. But, in effect, I wasted most of my evening late last night, and lost a good deal of sleep because of this situation.... and it was literally STUPID for me to do so.

I do not need to waste my valuable time running dialogue through my head for b*llsh*t like this. That is why I think the title of this essay is appropriate. If I could do this one thing, I think it would be a very good way for me to increase my happiness overall. I am still going to talk to her at some point, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

If you are not running dialogue through your bullshit filters it's because you've fucking died.

If I could do this one thing, I think it would be a very good way for me to increase my happiness overall.

Or you could just go get a goddamn blow job. :-)

Tuesday, 03 April, 2012  
Blogger austere said...

Seems like you were more than fair more than decent.

Re the comment of course I KNOW April Fool, but didn't find it funny!

Wednesday, 04 April, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home