The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

.
Waiting and Worrying

As I sit here waiting and worrying, I can sense every muscle in my body grow more tense. It has been a rough day. I have had to substitute for another faculty member today who had to make an emergency trip back home to England because her father is dying. My voice is worn out. Now, I am waiting to hear back from the home health nurse that came to visit my mother today because my mother is experiencing issues related to swelling and breathing. I do not want to simply leave as I just got out of class and was told by my mother that the nurse would be calling me back when she was finished examining her. But part of me simply wants to leave and get home.

I am sad, and tired and angry, as seems usual.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home