The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

.
Lemonade from Lemons

Tuesday was a pretty good day overall, even though there were a number of obstacles that attempted to thwart my attempts at success and happiness. Below I outline the first obstacle:

The first obstacle came of my own doing again... I ended up not arising from bed until roughly 6:45am. This precluded my planned for exercise routine. Thank you to Mapiprincessa, Zirelda, and Lawrence for your suggestions. I am investigating them all further.

I combated this first issue by forcing myself to go to the U gym and engage in as much physical exertion as I could while still getting a chance to shower and get to class on time. I was able to work on some weight training, and also performed some "cardio" exercise on a stairmaster device. It felt good to get so physical.

It was surprising how much this simple act of exercise helped me. Well, it really IS NOT a surprise... I tell my students this same thing. I tell them that exercise can relieve stress. But, push come to shove, it is so difficult as hell to convince myself of that when I wake up to the blare of my alarm clock at 5:30am.

Tonight, I am placing my alarm clock all the way across the room, as far away as I possibly can from my bed. Perhaps this, coupled with the lights, may be enough to help me awaken feeling alert, even though it is truly dark outside.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home