The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, January 02, 2010

.
Resolutions

Here are the resolutions I have made for myself this year. Some may be more of a pipe dream than others. Please let me know what you think:

1. I am committing to a full year 365 days of posting here in a row.

I am envisioning a calendar such as:

Mondays - Flash Fiction Postings

Tuesdays - Interesting News (to me) in Science

Wednesdays - Exercise and Fitness

Thursdays - Work Issues

Fridays - Pipes & Libations

Saturdays - Whatever the Hell I Want

Sundays - Spiritual/Philosophical Matters

Of course, each of these dates CAN be filled with my opinions/feelings, etc. And, if the mood strikes, I will just write whatever strikes my fancy that moment.

2. I resolve to be able to do 10 chin-ups in an effort by August 2010. With my BMI now in the "normal" range, I am going to challenge myself to build the upper body muscle mass to do chin-ups.

3. I resolve to take a real stab at writing a science fiction novel. I have at least 4 different plot outlines I like, and I will force myself to find time to work consistently on one of them.

4. I vow to be more decisive in life.

5. I vow to have a helluva lot more FUN in life and not be wrangled into submission by stress.

6. I am going to decrease my consumption of pipe tobacco in a significant way. I will not be quitting, but will instead guide myself towards a pattern of pipe smoking that is more experiential and less routine.

7. I will set a new, interesting goal for walking while trying to maintain the pattern of consistency that has proven so beneficial for me.

8. I will love more (emotionally, mentally, & physically).

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home