The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 03, 2009

.

Irate Students

I had another faculty member proctor an exam for me the other day because I was asked to speak at a state meeting on education reform. This happens occasionally as I have been asked on several occasions to speak at different state functions like this. The meeting was about 2.5 hours from here, so it really was an all day affair and I could not be present for the student's exam.

Unfortunately, one student became irate at the proctor because of some past issue the two of them had in another class the student had taken from him. A loud, argument ensued, which involved many others in the Department and upper Administration.

Fortunately, I am not *actually* involved in any of the problem... but because it was my student in my class, I am going to work today to try to smooth over the issue with the respective parties. Wish me luck.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home