The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

.
Trying To...

I am trying to pull out of the abyss. Something must have changed a little bit, for I feel able to write again. I had been so blue, so forlorn, and so sub-melancholy that I did not have the ability to get through a day adequately, let alone write on top of it.

I do not know what to do other than struggle, and struggle mightily against this abyss, this pit of despair. It is all one can do. A person I know, actually an in-law relative of my sister, attempted suicide a week ago with alcohol and medication. From what I have gleaned, he was roughly 10-15 minutes away from not being able to be revived when he was found. His status is still shaky.

I shall force myself to write something, even if it is only a single line, everyday. I would appreciate any comments and supportive thoughts you may have. The only way that I know to feel better is to work myself to the bone and through accomplishment and exhaustion, and sheer, damnable cussedness and determination, eventually the feelings of gloom will subside.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home