The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 11, 2011

.
The Unbroken Seal



Well, Friday did not go quite as I had anticipated. When I left the U, I went over to my elderly in-laws to visit. We did visit and talk. However, my father-in-law was not quite feeling up to snuff, and therefore we did not indulge in any libations.... hence the unbroken seal is the one on the new bottle of whiskey. We did enjoy chatting, and had a few pipes, but the visit was also cut a bit short because my sister-in-law arrived to take them out to a local parish's fish fry.

So, I went home.

Saturday was relatively quiet. Sunday we celebrated my eldest daughter's birthday.
Then late last night we heard the sad news about the death of the mother of a different of my sister-in-laws.

We had a tremendous upsurge in temperatures the last few days.... highs in the 60s on Saturday, the 80s on Sunday, and near 70 today. It is very nice.... but the change has been abrupt, with no time for acclimation. I am hoping to get some yard work done this afternoon and evening.

I chose the image of the seal above, not to really comment one way or the other on seal hunting... I simply thought it was a semi-creative way to offer an alternative image to fit my title since I did not find a nice image of an unopened whiskey bottle.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Well, Friday did not go quite as I had anticipated.

Maybe someday you will learn to not anticipate, to just start out with a general plan and roll with the punches.

Monday, 11 April, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lost me with this horrific image. It has nothing to do with your post and I found it offensive.

Thursday, 14 April, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home