The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Windshield Replacememt

Today I am sitting in a repair shop about 50 minutes from home as I wait for the windshield to be replaced in my wife's vehicle.  Yesterday, while traveling around, a semi truck apparently kicked up some large rock or something similar and it was powerful enough to punch an actual hole into the windshield.  My wife and her passengers were very fortunately all fine.  

When I called the insurance company, they said we could get this appointment here this morning, or if we wanted a service to come out, they could do this as well, but it would not be until Wednesday of next week.  This little drive and waiting around for a couple hours seemed a better choice for me.  I have used the time to walk my daily walk (actually walked about 7 miles), I have ha a few pipes, and have read a bit and wrote a few updates to some of the handouts I will need for the start of the Fall semester.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

An actual hole, sure it wasn't a bullet? It takes a lot to punch a hole in safety class.

Thursday, 14 August, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home