The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Close Will Have to Be My Start



Billy Pilgrim commented on my previous post saying that he thought it would be easier to be 100% tobacco free than mostly free.  I see the logic in what he is saying, but on an emotional level it seems harder for me to contemplate. 

I am still thinking/planning I will attempt to  go "tobacco nearly free" very soon. What I believe and hope is means for me is that I will refrain from smoking my pipe other than on those occasions where I am drinking.  For me, this means typically that if I drink, it is usually on a Friday afternoon with my elderly father-in-law, and this probably happens twice or perhaps three times a month.. 

The reality is that I want to (theoretically) stop completely.  But my nature is such that I find the idea of "forever" being very, very disheartening.  I am hoping that if I get enough "tobacco nearly free" days under my belt, then I may very well feel confident enough to chuck all my pipes and tobaccos away for good.  But, I am not quite there yet.  Hell, I am not even yet to the "tobacco nearly free" state.... but I am planning to have that begin soon.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home