The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Ok

My FIL is doing "ok" physically.  We are still unsure how much he wants to strive to regain his strength, so continued thoughts and prayers are very welcomed.

For me personally, I have hit a low emotionally.  I am still going through the motions of all the crap I am supposed to do.  But, especially starting yesterday with an idiotic issue at work, I have been so, so, so very sad and upset and I do not know how to dig myself out of it.  It is really a bad situation.  I have been crying.  I have been sleeping more, I have no appetite.  I have no joy.  I cannot seem to shake it.  I know it has been only a day.... but it has hit hard.  I want to go crawl in a hole and vanish.  Or, I want to leave and never look back.  I feel paralyzed because I cannot figure out a way to shake myself out of this.  It is so hard.  I am trying to put on a brace face of "normalcy" but it is so, so hard. I feel emotionally in agony and I do not know what to do.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

It sounds like you have a full-blown depression. You are still going through the motions, but I don't think this is something you can pull yourself out of by "going through the motions." Men often try to tough these things out, because they don't want to appear "weak." Winston Churchill called his recurrent low moods the "black dog." These moods often lift, sooner or later, but why suffer in the meantime? Life is too short for that. Professional help will allow you to show the black dog to the door ASAP.

Thursday, 16 November, 2017  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Sorry you feel down. I'm with forsythia. If this contiue please seek help.
Coffee is on

Thursday, 16 November, 2017  
Blogger Jono said...

Hang in there and go talk to a counselor. It can be a great help.

Monday, 20 November, 2017  
Blogger austere said...

PT... ah that black dog, I know him well. No need to suffer. Get help.

Re the FIL... that's the cycle of life and death, isn't it?

Wednesday, 22 November, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home