The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Still

My elderly, fragile father-in-law is still in ICU.  He is responding to the antibiotics, but is disoriented, hopefully only due to the medications.  We are hoping and praying he will return to normal as the medications are weaned away.

I have still been forcing myself to run.  It is helping some to reduce the overwhelming stresses I and my family are feeling.  Today is the stupid talk I am giving.  I will be glad it is over.  I hope it goes ok and I do not make a fool of myself.  I have not really prepared enough and am "winging" it.  The other idiotic stress is that someone quit in the middle of the damn semester and I have to figure out how to staff the damn classes being abandoned.  I will probably have to take on more work to do them as no one I can imagine in the Department will be willing.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hopefully you FIL will get back to normal once he has finished the medicines and gains his health. I hope so anyway, I know how fond of him you are.

I'm sure you'll do okay with the talk. If you don't? It really isn't a big deal. Are you responsible for your whole department? Whew! Wishing you a better day!

Tuesday, 24 October, 2017  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Sorry to hear about your f-i-l. Medication can do that I understand as can too much or too little potassium/magnesium/whatever. God really us very remarkable creatures.

Hope the talk went well too. I'm sure it did.

Tuesday, 24 October, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home