The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, August 16, 2019

Holy Day of Obligation


For those of us who are Roman Catholic and practice our faith, yesterday was a Holy Day of Obligation.  It was the feast in our faith called "Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary".  Please know that I know folks of other faiths or no faith have a lot of differing opinions on those of us who are Catholic.  That is all fine and good, and I am fine with differing opinions... no problem.

But, what I can say for ME, is that attending Mass yesterday and thinking about what I was able to learn for myself related to this specific Holy Day for my faith, was helpful, useful, and emotionally centering for me.   I am glad I was able to go.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger David P. said...

For me ( also R.C. from birth), Mary was special: she was "one of us" who did good.

Friday, 16 August, 2019  
Blogger BBC said...

I'm amazed that you can let a religion brain wash you.

Saturday, 17 August, 2019  
Blogger sdcard said...

check my reference
her comment is here
useful link
Resources 
hop over to here
click this link here now
blog link
Continue Reading
check my reference
her comment is here

Thursday, 22 August, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home