The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Saying You Are Sorry....

I have a person close to me who has a really difficult time apologizing to others when the person has done something hurtful (purposeful or not) to someone.  It has been an ongoing thing with this person for as long as I have known this person.  Other than this particular issue, this person has many wonderful, loving and great qualities.  But, this specific "unwillingness" or perhaps "inability" to apologize in a sincere, heartfelt manner makes life difficult for this person and also for the others whom are hurt.

PipeTobacco


4 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I know some like that, I have some family members this way.
Coffee is on

Tuesday, 06 August, 2019  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hard things to say.

1. I am sorry.
2. I need help.
3. Worcestershire

Tuesday, 06 August, 2019  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

call them out ..each time this person doesn't say sorry..call him out..force the issue..I would..but then I'm a bitch.

Tuesday, 06 August, 2019  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This post made me think of a song lyric...sorry has to be the hardest word...or something like that. Too bad the person you wrote about here is unable to acknowledge doing a wrong. It’s definitely a character flaw in my opinion.

Thursday, 08 August, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home