The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, March 16, 2020

One More....

.... super brief post.  I think if I keep working late into the night tonight, I may have my classes in at least an acceptable place for my ~250 students to continue there education on-line, electronically.  I wish it were different (as we all do), and I miss them.  But, at this time it will be for the common good to do it this way.  It has been a helluva lot of work to get things situated and in place (and to learn) with the electronic delivery, and it is NOT as good as regular face-to-face teaching.  But I am damn dogged determined to help them get where they need to be.

I am thinking that after tonight, I can adopt again a relatively normal time to teaching from here on out, and that I may be back up to snuff about posting starting tomorrow.

Stay safe!

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Is this the future of curriculum delivery?

Monday, 16 March, 2020  
Blogger Tom Cochrun said...

Good luck with the transition. US education is doing something extraordinary in this quick turn around response.

Monday, 16 March, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

There going to be adjustment for all of us. But we will get though it.

Monday, 16 March, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I hope not. Everything I read over the last few years suggests that most students (and I suspect most professors) find it generally not as fun and enjoyable which is an important part of learning.

PipeTobacco

Monday, 16 March, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Yes, it is requiring a huge determination on the part of the professors. Most of us are trying damn hard to deliver something meaningful and good.

PipeTobacco

Monday, 16 March, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home