The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Cornucopia of Crap

The sh*t hit the fan. More "beautiful" things have been occurring about the topic I no longer can write about here.

All I can say is that I have no interest in the holiday season, no interest in being with family.  No interest in doing anything. I go to work because it is less awful than the alternative.

I had a lot to say still about Chicago. But, who knows when I will feel up to that.  I do not feel "up" for anything, anymore.

I just wanted to let you know why I have not been writing.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

I know it's not at all the same, Professor, but you do have a kind of "Internet family" here on your blog. We're rooting for you. We're even rooting for your rodents.

So cue up a recording of a Capuchin Mass or three, put on your headphones/earbuds, and go for a nice run. Then treat yourself to an oversized salad, an adult beverage, and maybe even a pipe (or at least some happy pipe-dreams).

As for the things about which you cannot write... would there be any possibility that you and your wife could "elope" for the holiday and just enjoy each other away from the rest of the interpersonal unpleasantness?

Take care of yourself, Professor. You'll pull through. Even if it means making some unhappy choices about your dealings with close relatives. Don't let the jerks drag you down!

Tuesday, 20 December, 2022  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

the holidays can be so depressing..the expectations are so high...come here and let it out...we won't judge you.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Aw Pipe. Sorry for whatever.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm so sorry, my friend. Parenting is the hardest and most agonizing job there is. Please let me know if I can help in any way. As you know, I've been struggling with my YD's issues for the past year or so. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts. xoxo

Tuesday, 20 December, 2022  
Blogger Pam J. said...

Not good, not at all. Thanks for letting us know. It is so odd how blogs work like that, making, as Pat M. said, these small internet families, including some members who don't speak up.
Good luck, Dr. Frumpy

Tuesday, 20 December, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home