The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Knapp

I arrived back home on Sunday.  

I DO have a HUGE array of things I want to write about concerning my trip to Chicago.  Some good, some bad, and others in-between.

Unfortunately, the trip.... and the timing of the trip... together have put me "under the gun" so-to-speak with regards to all manner of my U work and I have NOT had any time (until this very brief post) to spend writing.  Even now, I should still be doing other things.  But I felt compelled to at least take this brief stab at getting a post up:

  • 11 treadmill miles on Friday in Chicago to get to my 55 miles so I was done for the week.
  • 11 track miles Monday.
  • 11 track miles Tuesday.
  • 11 track miles this morning.
  • "Under the gun" to get my four final exams up-to-snuff AND to the Printing Office with enough time for them go get them printed and back to me before the final exam times.  
  • Working at squeezing and condensing a few lectures into a limited amount of remaining time in two of my classes...  as I was perhaps a tad too verbose about some earlier subjects and am a little bit behind.
  • Writing of a few evaluation reports for some new faculty.  I am on couple of evaluation teams this year, and unfortunately a few of the folks who are on these teams with me have been lackadaisical about getting me their comments/insights... so now I am having to write these damn reports that are due NOW instead of when I had wanted to do so earlier in the semester.
  • An abstract deadline is very eminent for a meeting I want my research students to present at.  They have been somewhat slow to write their abstract submissions, and I have been spending a lot of time trying to wrangle them into getting me at least DRAFTS of their abstracts. 

And now, I have to go.... to my afternoon class.  No rest for the wicked, I guess.  

I do have so much to share about my trip.  But, it will have to be hopefully in the next few days.  "Knapp" on the title of this entry is German, for "brief".

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

In the midst of your hurried catching up with so many duties and responsibilities, I hope you don't forget to take care of yourself too, Professor. Even if that only means making sure you can enjoy a nice salad loaded with garbanzo beans and other yummy bits. Maybe even a pipe, if you're getting that figured out... but at least I hope you can manage some enjoyable diversions, culinary or otherwise (maybe there's good enough indoor heating where you swim that a few stress-relieving laps could do you some good?). And I'm amazed (but not surprised) that you've been able to keep to your running schedule in the midst of it all. That's impressive!

Wednesday, 07 December, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

It sounds like you stayed on schedule for the most part. The frustrations you're dealing with sound familiar to many of us who have had to depend on others to complete a project, report or other document. SO frustrating!!

Wednesday, 07 December, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I do remember how busy and tiring this time of year is for a teacher. To tack on a trip is demanding a lot.

Thursday, 08 December, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home