The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk


 

Hah!  As is usual, I have talked and talked all the day long.  This is typical for my Summer schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I talk so much, that although I am tired as hell, I actually feel quite good.... and am so geared up I could continue to yammer on and on.  But, of course, so that I do not get hoarse.... I will now be far less talkative and far, far more quietly spoken for the rest of the evening.  

Teaching IS invigorating to me.  I truly enjoy teaching.  I truly enjoy my research.  I truly enjoy most of my non-Departmental service work.  The only thing I dislike about my job are a few of the folks in my Department who are rather unpleasant.  But, lately..... most of the time..... I have been successful in ignoring those individuals.  

  • Because of my early start time for lecture, I only was able to get in 7.9 miles (~13 km) before I had to call it quits or risk getting to the U late.  I foolishly let myself oversleep and did not hit the pavement until 5:40am.  I tried my damnedest to get in AT LEAST 8.5 miles ( ~14 km) this morning by pushing hard as hell..... but I failed.  Truthfully, I had PLANNED to try to get in 10 miles when I set my alarm last night before bed.  But, my damn oversleeping prevented that.  
  • Last night was difficult.  More unpleasant drama related to that which I do not speak about here transpired.  It was so rough, I ended up throwing out half of my dinner, as the drama ensued in the middle of dinner.  I have vowed to no longer "stress eat" which I used to do when I was very heavy.  So, in keeping with that mindset.... because I was so hurt, and angry, and stressed, I had to throw it away.  Both my and my wife's sleep was significantly altered after the torturous confrontation.   It resulted in my wife being unable to sleep, and it resulted in me being so despondent that I went to bed at the unheard of time of 9:30.   I am sure my oversleeping this morning also was a result of my not really looking forward to waking up and recalling the sh*t that transpired last night.  My wife and I both commiserated this morning about how rough it was, but also both agreed that for our own well being, we were going to try to not dwell on it.... as it does no good.  
  • Regarding teaching today..... I am thankful for the teaching also as a distraction from the above.  
  • I am keeping my fingers crossed that my wife will be able to go swimming with me in a few minutes.  
  • I would like to have a pipe.  But, that is nothing new.  I always want to have a pipe.  PCS = 6.... probably a tad lower than yesterday just because my voice is tired.  
PipeTobacco


2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sorry about your ongoing struggles at home. It must be so hard on you.

Thursday, 11 May, 2023  
Blogger Margaret said...

It's rough that you are so busy with lots of activities and stress, yet home isn't always a refuge for you due to family issues. My two daughters are estranged from each other currently (very messy) but at least they're no longer under my roof. :(

Thursday, 11 May, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home