The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Tired


 

Mega-big lecture voice since 8:00am until now (5:25pm).  I am utterly exhausted.  But, it is to be expected on the first day of the semester in Summer.  It has been like that for me for decades this time of year.  It smooths out after things get underway after a few sessions.  But, on the first day..... non-stop talking..... and LOUD, PROFESSORIAL talking.... with me trying to be as animated and intensive as possible to get the points across about how to work to be successful in these courses.

Because of the early start time of my U courses in Summer, I have more trouble getting my miles in.  I was only able to get in 7 miles this morning (~11 km) before I had to call it quits for the day so I would have enough time to get presentable for class.  

PCS = a "trifercated" score.   8 = During my run and getting ready and going to the U.  3 = During the non-stop talking in class today.  I still had some fleeting thoughts of my pipe, as they would drift in as I was prattling on about other things occasionally.  Now that I am done for the day, PCS is back to probably an 8.5.  

This is about all I can write now.  I am too tired to think of anything interesting.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

The beginning of classes when you're doing so much talking about the formalities of the course would be exhausting, plus the early start. I still remember how tired I was the first week or so of school.

Tuesday, 09 May, 2023  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

It understandable.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Tuesday, 09 May, 2023  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have a vague memory of you trying to get a sound system (microphone) but I can’t remember the outcome although it appears not to have eventuated. 😀

Wednesday, 10 May, 2023  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I did (do) have one…. I used it when I needed to wear a mask. Without the mask, my voice is BIG enough. :)

Wednesday, 10 May, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home