The Leave 6
On one of the days of our journey, I met my wife during the lunch period and we found in one of the many shopping mall areas that many of the hotels had, a replica "Irish Pub" where we decided to stop to eat lunch.
The heat had us both not feeling OVERLY hungry, but we wanted something fun and light. Although a Guinness would have been fun to have.... both my wife and I stuck with simply iced water (she very rarely drinks, and the heat made the Guinness seem to me less appealing than just the water). But, what we had to eat was quite fun:
1. We had an appetizer order of "Irish Deviled Eggs" which we shared. The plate was pleasantly filled with many deviled eggs, and the filling was exceptionally creamy and had a beautifully nuanced flavor of spices (rosemary and basil were two I could identify). We both thought they were exceptional and very delicious… much, much tastier than just a run-of-the mill deviled egg.
2. With our "light" theme, we then each decided to have a "wedge salad" (for me, with the dressing on the side on my salad). It was quite pleasantly large, and it tasted wonderfully fresh…. and after each of our first bites, we both proclaimed simultaneously that it "... was the perfect thing to order".
3. We also shared a side of braised, brown sugar and tarragon seasoned carrots which were both tender AND crunchy, and their flavors were enticing.
It really turned out to be a perfect and light lunch! We were both very pleased.
PipeTobacco



2 Comments:
That seems somewhat above typical pub fare.
I love deviled eggs and salad and would enjoy that meal. Although I do like cooked carrots, I'm not sure about the brown sugar part of it. Carrots are already so sweet.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home