The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

As you may have noticed from my earlier post a few moments ago, I am rather frustrated at many things (specifically health care) at the moment. So, in order to quell the fires of rage that lurk deep inside my gut at the moment, I have instead decided to contemplate and imagine my future nirvana via my own weak brand of "transendental meditation" for a bit:

I am imagining the moment when my last class is finished for the day, and as I pack up papers to read and score this evening, I realize the evening is mine for my own choosing. First, once I am able to get into my beast of burden to travel the distance between work and home, I shall fill with gusto (yet the gentle care and touch of professional of this art) my briar pipe and allow the gentle burley leaf smoke envelop me and adorn my body, mind, and spirit much like the incense at mass. This drive home will serve as a type of "washing clean" my mind and spirit to strive for peace in my heart.

Next, it feels as if I likely will desire a deeper cleansing of my corporal body as well. I envision filling a stubby, yet large volumed tumbler with shards of shattered ice (snow cone sized) and filling the glass with a hefty portion of gin and a bit of tonic to add the gentle bitterness that helps me renew my palate to indulge in the first of several "adult snow cones" for the evening. This cleansing will further temper the beast of frustration and aggrivation I now feel.

I cannot wait for the end of the workday today, which is a bit abnormal, as I enjoy my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home