The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 14, 2003

Well, this is the evening before the morning I leave to head north to deer camp. I am looking forward to it greatly. Although I am not fond of venison, I feel it is appropriate to hunt deer as a means of experiencing the full effect of my omnivorus diet.... I occasionally eat chicken, turkey, and beef. If I do "bag a buck" I have a homeless shelter lined up that is very interested in having the venison, but to be honest I am not overly adamant about the hunting aspect. For me the ritual of deer hunting is the enjoyment of deer camp.... the drinking, the smoking, the cards, the bullshit stories, and the crassness. It is a refreshing change from daily life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home