The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, April 01, 2005

.
Under the Weather, but now Better!

Unfortunately I became quite ill with bronchitis/laryngitis on Tuesday and actually did not teach on Wednesday because of the illness. Fortunately, it was a relatively short-lived malady and with some antibiotics I now feel back in top form. I believe it is my semi-annual cold that occurs each transition from winter to spring and from fall to winter. In my area, this is an all-too-common refrain. I believe that for those of us in the north, our bodies go through a fairly rigorous acclimation phase each fall and spring to have our bodies be as well-suited as possible for the environmental conditions. This is much akin to how many wild beasts will grow a denser, heavier coat for winter. I do notice that my beard and moustache grow more coarse and bushy during the winter months, so I suspect it is all part and parcel for the ecosystem I inhabit.

With small glimpses of spring occuring every few days (high temperatures approaching 50 at least once a week, some of the brown matte of grass peeking out from under a snowbank) and the end of the semester in sight, it is a good time to be happy.

And, happy I am today. I shall go visit my elderly father-in-law for some much needed R&R with potent elixers and pleasant leaf. Have a grand weekend!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home