The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

.
It Seems You Have Forsaken Me

Why is my life such a damn drama? I sure as hell wish I knew. One of the females in my life has gone on another bout of what seems to be hormone rage again. She has been rude, curt, and impolite to relatives, and cannot fathom why they are giving her the silent treatment. When I try to explain how I see the interactions between she and the relatives, she altenately bites my head off or wails such deep sobs that they would make the wailing wall itself look like an amusement park.

What is so hard to understand about a) if you are terse or curt with people it will make people not want to be around you, b) if you are terse and curt to people who are simply showing concern about you, IT IS YOUR FAULT that they are not speaking with you, c) when you hurt people by being terse and curt (yes, even relatives) it takes quite a while sometimes, for the feelings to be smoothed over, especially by the person who was treated meanly?

Of course, all the tension and drama in my household has made it one helluva enjoyable, relaxing weekend. Sheesh.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home