The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

.
Uncertainty

Well, I THINK I have reformatted my hard drive... at least I did what I thought WOULD reformat my hard drive. We shall have to wait and see if it works.

In reality, I do not think I reformatted it correctly. I selected complete install from the WindowsXP CD, and it ran and ran and ran. Most all of my original settings were destroyed as I would have expected.... BUT.... many of my original documents (Word, Word Perfect, and also .jpg files) remain! I do not know how the damn disk saved these files but none of my program files, but it did somehow. That makes me think that I did something wrong.

Now, I reloaded the programs I needed, and I did connect to the Internet for roughly 30 minutes last night. There were NO PROBLEMS that arose... no damnable trojan horse crap. But, still, I am very concerned that I did not do this reformat correctly and its ugly trojan head (geez, sounds like a condom commercial) will rear its ugly head again.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home