The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, September 16, 2005

.
Low Motivation and Sad

I cannot discern a rhyme or reason for it, but I am lacking in motivation, lacking in energy and feeling gloomy as hell at the moment. My mindset is akin to me simply going through the motions of what I must do in order to give the appearance of aoert, reasonable, calm behavior. What my inner being is saying to me to do is to sleep, rest, forget everything and simply "be". I have talks for major research meetings to prepare for, I have research to conduct, student papers to grade, lectures for students to write, and family members to care for.

I got my typical 4 hours of sleep last night, but this morning I feel so damn tired I cannot fathom ever feeling alert. It is only 10 am and I have consumed my 6th large mug of coffee, but it has not helped me be more alert or active... it has only made me feel a little jitery. Even my pipes this morning have lost their luster, and for that I am sad.

[Minutes pass..... ] I actually just nodded off at the computer screen for a few minutes. I am not sure how to alleviate this funk I am in.

I have contemplated going to visit my elderly grandfather to see if he is interested in having an afternoon of whiskey-soaked and pipe-soaked revelry. And while it sounds pleasant in the abstract, I am not sure if I have the energy to engage.

Bah. This literally stinks.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home