The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 29, 2005

.
Changes

I have again decided to make changes in my routine to commerate the start of the new academic year. Here are the basics of my changes as I trasition from Summer to Fall in 2005:

1. I shall reset my time for waking to be 5:45am.

2. I shall be on the road for my walk by 6:00am (5 miles, as usual)

3. I shall go to the University gym at least three days a week.

The above (#3) is a big change for me as I find weight lifting awfully damn dull and tiresome. My mind feels as if I have had it convert to oatmeal while I am there. I am hoping that a book on tape will help me maintain my mental focus while I engage in this activity. I feel compelled to weight train to maintain upper body strength during the less active Fall and Winter months and to also help me with hunting season. I know this will be the hardest of the changes I shall try to make this semester as I find the task so incredibly dull and innane.

4. I shall endeavor to drink AT MAXIMUM 4 mugs of coffee per day (my mug is roughly 20 ounces) and shall not drink coffee after noon. I had been drinking significantly more coffee daily and feel I should be more moderate.

5. I shall not smoke my pipe prior to NOON. I sometimes think I lag about and do not get moving very quickly some mornings because I relish focusing on that first, fresh pipe of the day. It has long been my habit to enjoy my first pipe of the day within roughly 10 to fifteen minutes of wakening. By postponing it until at least noon, I shall free up more of the morning for vigorous activity (mental or physical) in the morning.

6. I shall strive to be asleep in bed no later than 1am and preferably by 12:30am.

I hope these routine changes will help me to better focus and increase productivity.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home