The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

.
The True Deal

Although I enjoy a wide plethora of different tobaccos in my pipe, various flavored cavendishes, different burleys, viginian tobaccos and also latakia and perique on the occasional whim, and medicinally, I have occasionally mixed other leaf in the bowl as well (see the catnip notation below), there is one true leaf that signifies the 100% pure notion of the pipe. All of the other leaves have their appeal and are interesting from time-to-time, but for my neurons and synapses, it is the good, old-fashioned, cube-cut, powerful-as-hell, whisky-tinctured burley called "Sir Walter Raleigh" that finds its way into the bowl of my pipe at least 75% of the time.

Sir Walter Raleigh is the true deal. It is the primary pipe tobacco my own beloved father smoked. It is the leaf I first snuck a pinch of out into the woods that memorable day I wrote about when I first leanred the magic of the pipe. It is the the leaf I am pretty damn sure all of my younger brothers cut their smoking-teeth on as well.

It is rich, it is soothing, it is good right to the bottom of the bowl. It is Sir Walter Raleigh.

This morning is the first bowl of Sir Walter Raleigh I have had since Monday (I started feeling sick from the bronchitis Monday evening and switched what I was smoking to the recipie in the previous post). It is good to be back to the original, the true deal. Sir Walter Raleigh.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home