The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

.
Apologies to "Grumpy Old Man"

Without meaning to, I hurt the feelings of a very good friend "Grumpy Old Man". I had set up a counter showing the number of days I have smoked a pipe, using a style similar to his own for quitting smoking. I had meant my counter as simply a measure of my joy in the pipe hobby. Unfortunately I did not think about the posting fully enough and did not realize it would hurt this good person's feelings.

Because I do not wish to hurt his feelings, I have withdrawn my counter and have written the following note to him in my comments section:

Sir:

In no way did I mean for the counter to be at your expense sir. I apologize that you found it so. I shall remove it.

I thought it would be interesting to try to compute a number that would represent the length of time I have been involved in the pipe hobby. I relish the hobby, and thought it would be interesting to try to figure out the number of days.

Again, I apologize, sir. I did not mean for it to upset you. It was not my intent.

PipeTobacco


Again sir, I do apologize and truly did not mean to hurt your feelings.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home