The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

.
Ambiguity

Today feels very nebulus and ambiguous. My mind is unfocused, and my mind is cluttered. Here is a list of various thoughts I am having, so that you may see the whirlwind that is currently my mind:

1. I wish I were home in bed, reading the New York Times, listening to NPR, and drinking a large flavored Starbucks coffee (perhaps hazlenut).

2. I should get my camera out more often. I have been very lax in taking photographs.

3. Grumpy Old Man (of Unconventional Ideas) is gone. It is disheartening.

4. I need to put together lectures for endocrinology. I am dangerously close to being underprepared.

5. I have several research presentations coming up and should work on them.

6. I would enjoy a nice gin and tonic right now.

7. I ran out of aftershave lotion and so I wonder if I smell odd.

8. My truck is getting on in years, so, should I get a new one? No new truck currently is appealing to my artistic sense.

9. I should try to become more involved in art and the creation of art.

10. I love the feel of pipe smoke as I inhale a large lungful of rich, vanilla tinctured burley.

11. Should I try contact lenses? I have never done so previously, so I am not sure if they are worth the hassle.

12. A turquoise early 1960s vintage Volkswagen Beetle is a damn pretty car, especially with ivory accents (steering wheel, knobs, etc, and wide white-wall tires.

13. I need to schedule doctor's appointments for my elderly relative who had just gotten out of the hospital.

14. I would love to be "bedding" my wife at the moment.

15. I need to go to the library to return a late book at the University.

16. I should look for a new piece of fiction to read at the public library.

17. I want to duck out and hide in my inner office and pretend I am not here to avoid talking to some of my research students today.

18. I should be writing a research article for submission, but basically will do almost anything else to avoid starting.

19. Maybe I should stop at the tobacco shop and buy a few cigars. It has been a while since I have had one (perhaps 3 weeks).

20. What is the meaning of all this?

21. Why does death always loom over everything in life, and is that good or bad?

22. If I could live forever, would I want to (my immediate answer is YES).

23. Will the Winter Olympics ever be televised in a way that is enjoyable again? NBC has the crappiest coverage of these events. Mostly it is a rah-rah fest for the good old USA, and we do not see much if any sport from other countries. ABC and the good old Wide World of Sports did a helluva good job in Olympic coverage. I miss that.

24. I had promised an article about snuff for my blog. I need to do that.

25. I am tired of other people's cell phones. I am more firmly convinced I never want one myself.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home