The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

.
Danger Will Robinson!

Today was a more hectic day that I had originally anticipated. Instead of cleaning the garage, I went on several errands for items for members of the family:

1. My mother needed to have her social security and pension checks deposited and the money withdrawn for her.

2. I needed to run to the store to pick up a few items for my wife.

3. I ran to the post office.

4. I set up my mothers medication for the week and also worked through numerous pages of paperwork to get her perscriptions adjusted by her insurance agent so as to be covered.

When I finished the chores, I quickly prepared a "Southwestern" Macaroni & Cheese casserole we planned to bring to her brother's annual rivalvry bash... his favorite football team is playing his arch rival team.

Unfortunately, (American) football holds about as much interest and excitedness for me as watching paint dry. Fortunately, though, my wife's family is fun to hang around with even though football is duller than aluminum.

Sadly, something (that I do not understand or know about... and I do not believe I caused) has angered my wife considerably. She spoke barely 5 words to me after we arrived home. My gut is feeling anger and frustration.... I did not do anything. Yet, I AM TRYING to stay focused on the motto of "I cannot change others, but I can change myself." This may be the first MAJOR trial of this concept.

Please wish me luck.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home