The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

.
Venn Diagram

A rapid post today.... just because I was thinking about Venn Diagrams when I woke up this morning. I was having the strangest dream. In the dream, I was on campus sewing Venn Diagram patches over all my clothes and putting Venn Diagram stickers on my office door, my rat cages, my pipes, my computer, etc. I do not know why I was doing this, but it seemed in my mind that I was so enamored with the shape of these images that I was trying to make an artistic statement. The second aspect of my dream was that there was a campus wide series of calculator thefts. People had started to walk around on campus (faculty, staff, & students) with their calculators hanging from their necks via lanyards or using carbiners to secure their calculators to their belt loops.

The odd part about this dream is that, while I find Venn Diagrams interesting, I do not widely use them or teach about them as an neuroendocrinologist. Additionally, calculators are not of huge importance to me either. It is strange what the mind thinks up when dreaming. I keep trying to see if there is a "meaning" behind this dream.

A rather humorous Venn Diagram cartoon for you to examine.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Anonymous Vanessa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, 17 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home