The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

.
Day 500

Even though my spirits are low and my workday is filled with strife and frustration, I have to list one very positive accomplishment that I attained today.... I walked for the 500th day in a row.... 4-5 miles.... outside.... regardless of the weather (last week's below zero weather made for longer icicles hanging from my mustache and beard longer than I have ever seen on myself before).

So, it is a very, very significant accomplishment for me. To be that consistent is something I am proud of, for while I crave consistency in my day-to-day world, I am not always so capable of maintaining consistency in my own actions, especially in the field of exercise.

To be a bit ironic, I brought in four dozen doughnuts for the faculty and staff of my Department to eat as a form of celebration.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home