The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

.
Death, Time, & Wounds

Today is the date when my wonderful mother died.... three years ago in 2007. While time may heal old wounds, this wound has not healed. Her loss is still felt very painfully in my heart.

I can say that I am coping better with her death. I am having moments where I feel content and even happy. I am able to conduct my work more efficiently and even sometimes find it enjoyable. I have been continuing to focus as much effort as I can muster to try to become an excellent husband and an excellent father. I know I am neither, but I am trying to be better.

So, I am coping. Yet, the wound is raw, and it hurts.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home