The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

.
Birthday

Today was my Mother's birthday. The melancholy I felt was quite strong. I miss her so much.

I asked my wife and our kids to write with me notes of the things we would like to tell Mom. We attached these notes to a large balloon, and released it in the back yard. We all watched as the balloon lifted higher, and higher in the sky. Eventually it was so far away, we could no longer see it. It is my hope that the notes reached her.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home