The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

.
Isolated, But Ok

I am away on an academic trip. I miss my wife and family greatly, but it is all for the greater good. I am alone in a distant city, but it is for the benefit of my family and also myself. I did good work at the meetings I attended, and my research will be well received tomorrow as well.

To allay my boredom and desire to be with my family, I have indulged in some well aged whiskey and some especially vibrant pipe tobacco. While no substitute for my beloved family, I am enjoying my evening. (hic)

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger austere said...

Good show abt the papers, PT.

Friday, 26 March, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

samgambayard-c-m.com

Friday, 26 March, 2010  
Blogger Patti said...

Mmm, sometimes it's nice to get away.

Friday, 26 March, 2010  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Attaboy! make the best of it.

Friday, 26 March, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

I had been imagining a southern twang to your voice from some of the way you write and also from reading in some of your posts that you were in the south.

I've been in the south a lot so talk about some of that in posts. But I've been in 49 states and a good share of Canada so I talk about all sorts of past places and experiences.

I live in Port Angeles, Washington, as I've also often mentioned. In fact I state so in my profile, pay attention. :-)

Enjoy the trip, I sure don't miss my family. It's time to head over to Rick's shop for a few beers.

Friday, 26 March, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home