The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, May 24, 2010

.
Getting Ready...



I am starting the process this week to prepare for a talk I will be giving on my research at a national conference being held in Utah near the end of June. I am looking forward to traveling out in that area as I have not been to that region for any real length of time.

My wife and I are going to take the kids and make a real, true vacation of it by heading all around following the meeting. Even though I knew this opportunity to speak at the meeting was a possibility, now that I have had my research talk accepted, I am beginning to feel the trip is really going to happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Enjoy. I haven't been to Utah but Arizona and Monument Valley where this photo was taken.

Monday, 24 May, 2010  
Blogger zirelda said...

Oh... will you be driving or flying?

Utah is pretty. I remember going to Lake Powell once in March for spring break. Windiest trip I ever took. :)

I hear Moab is really cool.

Monday, 24 May, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

I was born in Salt Lake City, much of Utah is beautiful, I owned a parts house in Utah in the last of the 80's and into the 90's in Duchesne(sp?)Utah. .

Enjoy the trip. Fly or drive? I prefer driving, fuck smacking into a rock at 400 miles an hour. But hey, anyway you want to die, that's fine with me.

Monday, 24 May, 2010  
Blogger austere said...

Congratulations on the paper being accepted.


You will not believe this, but we had used this exact pic for one of the pages of our calendar in distant, hot India.

Thursday, 03 June, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home