The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

.
Hiatus Is Over






I am glad to be back to writing now upon my return from the West. It was a grand experience, but I am still in the process of recovering a bit... and recovering from the July 4th celebrations as well. I could not have asked for a better time on the trip out West except for one thing... I unfortunately caught someone's upper respiratory infection from the plane ride. My wife caught it too and is about two days behind me in recovery. It has been a wild, mucousy adventure.... from my nose, from my chest, and recovery from a dual ear infection. Yet, I would not trade the experience of being out West.

The Grand Canyon and Zion National Park were highlights of the trip... but there are plenty of other grand adventures as well in various small towns. We even spent a few days in Las Vegas.... and a few days is plenty... if not too many! {grin)

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

You took a plane to go West? You should have drove, you missed so much.

The Grand Canyon and Zion National Park is awesome, you can't do it justice with a camera, but you can try.

Bryce Canyon National Park is also awesome, while in Utah did you visit the Big Rock Candy Mountain? Well, maybe you don't know of that song.

My 4th of July was spent camping in a peaceful place in the National Forest.

Las Vegas is interesting if you've never been there before and are a people watcher and like the view of it at night.

But gambling there anymore pretty much sucks, they are too greedy anymore, lots of other interesting things to see though, did you go through any of the old car museums?

My son lives there, I have no idea why, it's just a hell hole anymore.

I trust that you are feeling better now, next time drive, this isn't that big of a country, I've driven across it in three days.

Tuesday, 06 July, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

Back in the 60's I hitchhiked across this country in just four days, in a Navy uniform of course, that was why I was able to do it so fast.

From Florida to Washington, that's a pretty long stretch, and I did it four times in two years, interesting experiences.

Tuesday, 06 July, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have rang me! If you were at Zion you were only about a 45 min drive from where I live MAX!!!

Glad you had a great trip - bad ear infection not so great, but all in all, a vacation's a vacation... right???

Wednesday, 07 July, 2010  
Blogger zirelda said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip out our direction.

I'm not sure I could live anywhere else....

Wednesday, 07 July, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

I'm not sure I could live anywhere else....

I'd blow my brains out before I would live in the Eastern half of this country.

Born in the West, and I'll die in the West.

Wednesday, 07 July, 2010  
Blogger austere said...

Such beauty!

I guess antibiotics took care of the rest. And hot water, I swear by that.

Friday, 09 July, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home