The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, June 11, 2010

.
Done & Time for Fun!



I feel pretty damn good! I have my PowerPoint presentation of my research all done and backed up in a variety of forms (flash drive, CD, DVD, cloud storage) and have also saved it in the newer .pptx format as well as the older .ppt format so whatever way they need it at the meeting, it will hopefully be one of the ways I have.

It feels wonderful. This morning I took the longer route for my walk, and the weather was crisp, but not too cool. I then finally decided to give it a go, and rode my new bicycle the many miles to work, and then worked out (upper body weight training)in the U gym to boot! It is the first time I have biked to work, and the first time I went to the gym in nearly three weeks.

I think I may call it a day, and bicycle home. Then I will do some yard work for a spell, and then perhaps I will head over to my father-in-laws for chat, pipes and libations!

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

First I have heard of a .pptx form. Why in the hell can't they just leave enough alone?

Friday, 11 June, 2010  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Billy:

I agree with you. The new Power Point fortunately seems pretty much the same as before in most regards. For what I do there has been very little difference. One little bit of a benefit however is that the .pptx form is a smaller sized file than the same document in the .ppt form.

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

Friday, 11 June, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home