The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 21, 2011

.
STOCK '84



My friend, BBC, asked me in the comments section about my opinion of "Stock '84" brandy. Unfortunately, when he had posed that question, I have to admit to never having had said liquor. I decided to rectify that situation this past Friday. I bought a fifth of the fluid and took it with me to visit my elderly father-in-law late Friday afternoon.

My impressions of the drink are highly favorable. I like a bit of a rough edge to the flavors of my amber liquors (a clear liquor like gin, I prefer to be smooth). Stock 84 was not harsh by any means, but it did have a nice little edge to its flavor upon swallowing. The brandy went VERY nicely with the pipes we also indulged in. An excellent afternoon was had by the two of us.

Although I will try to elaborate further on Tuesday, I am still working hard to shed b*llsh*t from my life, and although it is an elaborate, enormous effort, I am seeing some positive effects. I believe I am now going to be able to back to regular, daily (or nearly daily) posting as a result.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Hey, asshole, you beat me to a post about Stock 84. :-)

My post about it will show up in the morning. Maybe we can share a bit of it someday in a camp, if you can ever get over this way for a little target practice.

Monday, 21 November, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Actually, a rendezvous in the Big Horn basin of Montana would be most enjoyable, think you could get away for something like that, and if so, when?

Monday, 21 November, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

There's a lovely remote campground up in the Big Hole next to a lovely lake.

I discovered it by accident while wandering up a dirt road.

Tuesday, 22 November, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word of warning Prof. You probably do not drive home after the drinking sessions with FIL but in case you do... There was a good teacher here who got picked up for a DUI last week. It cost him his job. It shouldn't have, but it did. So be cautious.

Wednesday, 23 November, 2011  
Anonymous Shivakumar said...

Actually, a rendezvous in the Big Horn basin of Montana would be most enjoyable, think you could get away for something like that, and if so, when?

Friday, 07 December, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home