The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hungry

With my 100 pound weight loss, a bit more than 4 years ago now, I have had very little fluctuation in my weight or clothing sizes since my weight has stabilized.  Now at 181 pounds,  I wear a 16/35 shirt, a 34in waist and 32 inch leg on my pants, and a 44 sport coat.  I have fluctuated only + or - 5 pounds from that weight for over four years. 

The reality is I am not hungry often, and I eat a helluva lot of good, healthy, low-to-no fat food.  But today, for some reason, even though I ate my breakfast, I am feeling ravenous.  Yet, it is a kind of hunger that I suspect will not dissipate even if I were to eat three foot-long sub sandwiches in the span of a half an hour. I believe it is just an after effect of my feelings of anxiety.  And feeling anxiety is a damn stupid, foolish, worthless thing that I do far to damn often in my life.  I am sick of it.

PipeTobacco

Goal for today (Tuesday) = 5 bowls

Monday's Goal = 6 bowls
Actual Consumption = 6 bowls


4 Comments:

Blogger austere said...

Congrats on keeping the weight off.
We're just about done with Diwali-- so despite my sugars the lesser said the better.

Tuesday, 20 November, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

Sounds to me like you may be taller than my 5ft 9in. I never feel hungry so have to force myself to eat to keep from getting too skinny and keep my weight over 140lbs.

Do all U professors suffer from anxiety? Maybe you and Teri should talk about that being as she does also.

Nicotine patches can give you dreams, accidentally put on two because of a brain fart and they get even more interesting. I think that’s pretty cool, better than pot for an interesting experience, that could get addictive.

Why do you change the goals, why not just four bowls a day everyday? Then 3, then 2.

I just can't grasp smoking as a hobby, collecting pipes is a hobby.

Tuesday, 20 November, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

Did you see that over at MIT they've invented a paper thin material that stops bullets? Now that's pretty damn good science.

Tuesday, 20 November, 2012  
Anonymous Beth said...

Hey Pipe,

On anxiety, how's your blood pressure? Once I got better control of my blood pressure, I felt far less anxious.

For me, I had to pretty much get rid of the salt which is in high quantity in just about all processed foods. Also increased consumption of high potassium foods (ie salt-free tomato juice, avocados, potatoes, fresh food). I call it the "no cans and no condiments diet." It's tough sometimes because just about everything out there is loaded.

Work can cause anxiety too, especially with a Pointy-Haired Boss for a supervisor.

Thursday, 22 November, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home