The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Maybe I Should?



One of the things that has always been a "pipedream" of sorts for me, is that I would like to write a novel... one that is published.  It has been an idea that has been rattling around in the back of my mind for decades, and I have started to write one 3-4 times, and have also written out sketches of plots for about a dozen stories that I would find interesting.

Why have I never really written a novel, however?  I am not quite sure.  Perhaps I am just too damn lazy.  Perhaps I do not have enough stick-to-itiveness?  Perhaps I have let other things get in my way?  Again, I am not quite sure.  But, perhaps I am now ready to give novel writing a real try.

Even though this blog may not suggest it, I am a decent writer. I write my blog completely off-the-cuff with virtually no editing, so there are plenty of awkward sentences, poor grammar, and spelling issues.... I know.  But I am in day-to-day physical life, a decent writer.   I write a helluva lot of science-type writing.  I also am mildly creative at times.  So, I *think* I have the skills necessary.

I am going to contemplate the idea a bit more and see if I want to jump in an give it a real try.  I should know more later today if I may go visit my elderly father-in-law on Friday.  My wife is going over there during the day and will see if they need any help with anything.  If so, I might be able to also have a "special occasion pipe smoking event" again on Friday.    

PipeTobacco

Today's (Thursday's) Goal =0
Yesterday's (Wednesday's) Goal = 0 bowls

Actual consumption (Wednesday) = 0 bowls

P.S.  Specifically for BBC:

1.  How is your smoking going?  The last I heard you were feeling comfortable at four mini bowls a day.  And, you were planning to finish out your stock of tobacco at that rate.  That seems logical to me.   I currently have about 3/4 of my current big 1 pound canister of pipe tobacco left.  I also have a variety of small pouches of various flavored pipe tobaccos.  So, for me, if I maintain my "special occasion pipe smoking" goal, I should be set for quite a spell.

2.  You mention cannabis in your comment to me yesterday.  As I have stated before, unfortunately, I never have tried that leaf.  What would you describe the effects as being like?  I have asked a few people over the years, and never get a very good answer.  I always assumed it would be akin to being pleasantly drunk.  You should try it again to see and then describe, or at least I would if I were in your shoes.

3.  I too hope Doc Teri is doing ok.  I am kind of presuming that her semester is just in too hectic a spot for her to be able to write at the moment. 

4 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I've never had any interest in writing something like that, hell, everything has been pounded into the ground for years, read six current novels and you're just reading the same shit written differently. No one is having any original thoughts anymore and you're not going to either. :-)

I've slipped back into my old smoking habit but will tackle it again went my current stock runs out, in about a week.

Boy, a pound is a lot of tobacco, I just buy six ounce bags and they last a month.

As for pot I think the experience varies a lot for those smoking it, and the quality varies a lot so that makes a difference. I guess out of interest because you are a scientist is to try it to see what your experience is.

I've only smoked a whole joint once, back in the 70's when my brother gave me some good stuff.

Took a load of leaves to 20 acres we had in the mountains and stopped on the way and made a joint and smoked it.

A few minutes later my heart started racing some, then settled down. Raking the leaves from the truck was a sort of phyidillic (can't get the spelling right) experience, interesting.

On the way home I stopped and whacked off, that was interesting also, if you ever try it try it with sex. :-) As I recall, the effect lasted about an hour.

As of today it's legal for me to pack pot here, Rod gave me some a while back so now I'm a pot packing sum bitch, just cuz I can. :-)

If you just take a casual hit once in a while when with others that are smoking it I don't think it will have any or much effect on you, at least it never has on me.

But I do like the smell of it when others are smoking it.

Thursday, 06 December, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

Pot smokers like to pass the pipe around and share a hit with you, I see no harm in you taking a hit, it makes you seem like one of them, to them anyway, even if you don't smoke it other times.

Thursday, 06 December, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

Make your wife some good brownies loaded with pot and you'll find it's easier to get her panties off. :-)

Thursday, 06 December, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

I'm pretty sure the neat chick at REFUGE CREEK can tell you how to make some good brownies, hehehe

Thursday, 06 December, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home