The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Submarine Sandwich

There is something especially satisfying and appealing about a sub sandwich. More than most other sandwiches, I find a sub sandwich to be especially tasty, hearty, and easier to make in a healthy fashion.

Tonight we purchased sub sandwiches for dinner. I ended up getting a chicken sub with virtually every vegetable available. The only thing I ordered on the light side, were jalapenos. I like jalapeno peppers, But was not in the mood for a huge amount of them tonight.  Some days I seem to want huge amounts of spicy jalapenos on virtually anything I am eating. But, today was not one of those days.

Besides the wonderful flavor of jalapeno peppers in Mexican food, I make a really delicious spicy macaroni and cheese that features jalapenos. I like baking with jalapenos as it will tend to release more flavor, and for those of my relatives disinclined to like heat, baking the jalapeno reduces some of its intensity.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I eat maybe one a year but like them when I do.

Tuesday, 17 December, 2013  
Blogger BBC said...

FREE THE NIPPLE...

Tuesday, 17 December, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home