The past little while has been rather busy, but mostly I have not had much of an inspiration to write. I have been rather devoid of anything meaningful to report or even to grouch about anything. I have just been existing, albeit relatively calmly.
As a sort of "data dump" here are a few tidbits of things happening lately, none of which seemed deserving of a whole post:
1. We have a visiting, retired priest for the last few weeks and for the next few weeks. He is in his upper 80s and is a real delight to have while our normal priest is on a retreat somewhere half way across the country.
2. I have been building and encouraging the 6 (yes six!) student research groups I currently have into writing abstracts for a conference where they can present their research. It is going reasonably well.
3. I made a new Indian dish with lentils, garbanzo beans and spinach. It is very heavily seasoned which happily everyone's delight tasted grand.
4. At confession, I talked with the elderly priest about my sins of anger and about my sin of not doing anything about stopping my pipe smoking. I was rather surprised when he said that I was a good man and that I should not be so hard on myself for smoking a pipe nor for the thing I had gotten upset about.
5. There is a show on one of the cable channels called "Flioping Vegas" which is about flipping houses. I am surprised, but I am finding it very entertaining.