The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Write About

The past little while has been rather busy, but mostly I have not had much of an inspiration to write.  I have been rather devoid of anything meaningful to report or even to grouch about anything.  I have just been existing, albeit relatively calmly.  

As a sort of "data dump" here are a few tidbits of things happening lately, none of which seemed deserving of a whole post:

1.  We have a visiting, retired priest for the last few weeks and for the next few weeks.  He is in his upper 80s and is a real delight to have while our normal priest is on a retreat somewhere half way across the country.

2.  I have been building and encouraging the 6 (yes six!) student research groups I currently have into writing abstracts for a conference where they can present their research.  It is going reasonably well.

3.  I made a new Indian dish with lentils, garbanzo beans and spinach.  It is very heavily seasoned which happily everyone's delight tasted grand.

4.  At confession, I talked with the elderly priest about my sins of anger and about my sin of not doing anything about stopping my pipe smoking.  I was rather surprised when he said that I was a good man and that I should not be so hard on myself for smoking a pipe nor for the thing I had gotten upset about.  

5.  There is a show on one of the cable channels called "Flioping Vegas" which is about flipping houses.  I am surprised, but I am finding it very entertaining.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Fucking rain...

Thursday, 05 February, 2015  
Blogger MRMacrum said...

Fuckin Snow!

Saturday, 07 February, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home