The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Cleaning The Garage



Due to my own ineptitude and slovenliness, I have allowed the garage to get unusably messy.  Because of my sentimentality about all sorts of sh*t, I have a tendency to want to save things... a lot more than is appropriate.  In order to combat my nature in this regard, I have taken to watching the television show, "Hoarders: Buried Alive"  on TLC.  It helps me to fight the tendency I have, to want to SAVE damn near everything.  It gives me the resolve to not be like a hoarder.  It is actually far more helpful than I would have imagined.... almost akin to aversion therapy.  Or, like B.F. Skinner coined, "negative reinforcement".    I am now going to go back outside to box and/or trash more items. 

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Don't toss that shit out, have yard sales, one mans shit is another mans future shit and you may make enough for a bottle of brandy. And it is enjoyable to bullshit with others at sales.

Sunday, 28 June, 2015  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

We did have a yard sale and it was reasonably fun. But now I am still stuck with things and I will donate them to the St Vincent DePaul Socirty and to Goodwill so that the gararage will be cleaner and perhaps some others will eventually buy the stuff fr those places.

PipeTobacco

Sunday, 28 June, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home