The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

At Mass



One line from the second reading at Mass this week struck me deeply:

"...for when I am weak, then I am strong."

Where and what am I?  Do I have what it takes to be a good, moral, strong person?  Do I have what it takes to quit pipe tobacco?  Do I have what it takes to be kind, gentle, and forgiving?  Do I have what it takes to help others?  Do I have any worth, any value?

Sh*t!  I feel like such a failure in all aspects of life.  I feel sometimes that I am worthless and wretched.  It is enough to make me..... I don't know..... it just makes me frustrated and makes me lose hope.  I see how I should be and what I should do.... and then I see how I am and what I do.... and I am so disappointed.  

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home