The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Wanting and Doing Are Two Seperate Things



Most every afternoon and evening I start out with the idea that I am going to start my pipe tobacco free effort and I do.... until I get up in the morning.  I have had a difficult time refraining from the first pipe in the early morning hours at 5:00am.  I need to figure out a way to force myself past that time. 

Even though it is not much progress, I can say that I have reduced my pipe tobacco consumption by 1/2 during the last two months.  I should do better.  I will do better.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Yup, refusing the first hits in the morning is a bitch.

Monday, 29 June, 2015  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

take a very deep breath and say to yourself "i'd rather breathe" while inhaling and while exhaling say to yourself "than smoke"

you have to do it many many many times so it becomes a reflex action when you get the urge to light up.

Monday, 29 June, 2015  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

BBC & Billy Pilgrim:

You are both right. I need to figure this out, and figure out how to get enough gumption to put the plan into action.

PipeTobacco

Tuesday, 30 June, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home