The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Kaylied



Last night in one of the detective novels I am currently reading, I stumbled upon a word that I had not heard or seen before that intrigued me....."kaylied".  It was fun to find out that it is a euphemism that is apparently a moderately common one in England to signify being a bit inebriated. 

I like to learn new words or phrases.  As it is Friday, I may find myself a bit kaylied myself.  I shall talk to my elderly father-in-law to see if he is up for company.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I've heard it used before but I've never used it. Cool picture.

Friday, 31 July, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home