The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Fermented Fruits of Labor

I sit here on the back porch, gently boozy feeling and pleasant after a few drinks with my elderly father-in-law.  As anticipated, we both had pipes with our libations and both had a very nice time.  My FiL choose brandy as his elixir this afternoon while I chose whiskey.  I was almost going to have Guiness as he had recently gotten some, but selected whisky instead.  All feels calm, we sat and talked as heavy thunderstorms crashed around us, but now as the sun sets it is again clear. 

The dog sits here by me watching squirrels in the yard and barks at them as I have another pipe.  

PipeTobacco 

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I looooove sipping brandy, so I seldom buy it.

Saturday, 09 July, 2016  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

So glad you and your father in law enjoy each other company.
I like a glass brandy. But for a whiskey, Scotch would be my choice.

Coffee is on

Saturday, 09 July, 2016  
Blogger Sharon said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend the evening.

Sunday, 10 July, 2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home